Monday, November 14, 2011

Which Seed are You?

http://www.frugallawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/sower.jpg 

I was once again doing my morning devotions, reading a familiar passage, when the Lord revealed something new to me.
*As a side note, whenever I see something new in something "old" it reminds me that my God is alive and does speak to His people.  What a blessing!*

The passage was Mark 4:3-8, 14-20 about the seeds and the sower.  Jesus mentions 4 specific places the seeds fall: the wayside, the stony ground, the thorns, and the good ground.  The place I want to focus on is among the thorns.  What are the thorns?  Jesus said the thorns were, "...the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things..." Mark 4:19a.  These seeds sprang up but because of the thorns they were unable to mature and therefore produced no fruit.  Although they were still alive they were weak and useless for the Kingdom.  The Lord revealed to me that unfortunately in America there are far too many "thorns" and far too many "seeds" that fall among them.  Called by some carnal Christians these believers struggle to maintain a living relationship with Jesus because of all the riches, pleasures, and distractions surrounding us.  While they still will spend eternity with Jesus they fail in their mission to "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." Matthew 28:19a.  If we are weak how are to reach those who do not believe?
I pray every day that I will be useful and fruitful for my King!  I hope and pray that I will be like the seed that fell on the good ground which produced, "some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred." Mark 4:20c.  What is this life worth if it's not spent for the King?

So, which seed are you?

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment