Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A verse to think over today

"Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine." 
Ezekiel 47:12
I've been meditating on this verse for about a week or so now.  I just randomly flipped open to Ezekiel 47 and was particularly drawn to verses 9-12...definitely read it if you can!  Verse 12 specifically spoke to me as I've been praying about what the Lord wanted me to do with my "After high school; before marriage (if the Lord wills)" life.  I saw this verse to mean that I was to be a fruitful tree for the Lord and also one that could be used for medicine for those in need while in my youth.  I have the most freedom right now while unmarried to be used in ministry for the Lord.  If you read a couple verses up you'll see that these trees were watered by a pure river that flowed from the sanctuary of God.  I too am "watered", strengthened, enabled to bring forth fruit by the true River of Life, Jesus Christ.  If I don't have Him my life is meaningless!!  I would be a dry, useless tree if it weren't for His life giving salvation.  Do you have this salvation?  For those of us who do have Him, are we being as fruitful as we can for the Lord right now?  Are we striving to delight in what He wants us to do with this life He's given us?  It's a constant struggles but if we press forward towards the goal we will bring forth much fruit.  I pray often that the Lord will do with me what He wants...but sometimes I take my life in my own hands...that never ends well :-)!  We have to constantly surrender our life, our will, our desires to Him!  I've definitely not learned all about surrender to Him but He's a patient teacher thankfully!!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment