Saturday, January 21, 2012

Today is.....

...the one year anniversary of this blog!  I can honestly say I've been quite surprised by the number of people who have either viewed or followed this blog.  I sincerely hope that it has been used by the Lord to encourage, strengthen, and minister to you all.  The Lord has used this to keep me accountable, challenge my convictions, and increase my proficiency in writing :).

I asked the Lord to show me some things to make as goals for the blog for this year and He directed me to Hebrews 12.  Please see my goals below.

1) To strengthen my brothers and sisters in Christ.  "Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees," vs. 12.  If I am used to strengthen someone it is not because of anything good in me but because of Him.  Praise the Lord, thank Him!

2) To encourage those who are following the Lord with me.  "and make straight paths for you feet,..." vs. 13a.  All the time Jesus was on this earth he encouraged.  I want to follow that example and use this blog to encourage you.

3) To build up and assist my fellow co-laborers.  "...so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed." vs. 13b.  Only Jesus can make me a useful vessel of assistance to those who need Him.

4) To pursue peace with all men. "Pursue peace with all people..." vs. 14a.  Some things I write may be controversial but I pray that as far as it depends on me, I pursue peace!  

As far as personal goals I desire to continue to....
1. Run with endurance (Heb. 12:1) ~ even when I don't feel like continuing the race!
2. Look to Jesus ALWAYS (Heb. 12:2) ~ realizing I am strongest when I am weakest.
3. Demonstrate holiness (Heb. 12:14b) ~ only Jesus can make me holy.
4. Aim for heaven (Heb. 12:22) ~ Maranatha, Lord Jesus!
5. Serve God acceptably (Heb. 12:28) ~ the way He desires me to serve Him!
6. Know God more (Heb. 12: 29) ~ me decreasing, God increasing!!

Only by the help of Jesus will I be able to fulfill these goals...somewhat - I'll never get them all perfect as I am  a sinner saved by grace.

Young ladies, this blog was specifically started with you in mind.  Don't be ashamed to be women of God, especially in today's culture.  We need women who wear the beautiful garments of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God (1 Peter 3:3-4).

Young men, I pray your intentions are pure.  I am not the one you should be coming to for advice or spiritual guidance.  Find a wiser male saint to learn from and be sure to search the Scriptures, for in them is eternal life.  

May you all be blessed as you continue to read!
Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment