Friday, February 10, 2012

Home, Sweet Home

I love my home!  Recently my family and I enjoyed a 4 day vacation to a mountain resort.  By the end of the 3rd day I was longing for my home, my bed, my sweet country water, and fresh air.  As we traveled home I welcomed the familiar deep blue sky, soft green fields planted with winter rye, and tall pines as sweet reminders of our anticipated return.  While gazing at the beauty surrounding my home my thoughts drifted to my true home...the heavenly one prepared for me by my awesome Savior and Friend.  Do I long for my heavenly abode as I do my earthly home after a vacation?  Do I eagerly await the day I'm called upwards to be by the side of Jesus?  Most importantly do I constantly desire to see Him face to face?

"O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You 
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water....
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life.
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my  hands in Your name."

Psalm 63:1, 3-4

Far too often I find myself distracted by everything else in the world.  Television, computer, and books frequently keep me from constantly dwelling on Jesus and the place He's gone to prepare for me (and you too!).  May this not be so!  May we strive to keep our minds and heart always on our Lord and our home, sweet home!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment