Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dancing?

"Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me:
It is good for a man not to touch a woman."
1 Corinthians 7:1

Dancing...is it a bad thing?  Could it be tempting perhaps even misleading if you dance with another man outside of a close relative?  That's what I'd like to write about today.

Couples Dancing
First I do not believe dancing is a sin or even a bad thing.  But I do believe it is a situation you should avoid, for purity's sake.  As a young lady I know how hard it is to keep your thoughts and actions pure when interacting with brothers-in-Christ.  Personally I try not to put myself in situations where I may be tempted to give on my convictions of purity.  All touching for me, by a young man, is off limits.  The reason is quite simple; I don't want any guy to love me in an altered state of mind.  Touch is one of God's greatest gifts to humans and much of it is to be kept until marriage.  My hope is to have my first dance with my husband.  How special would that be?!     

Now I know many people are saying "Just because someone dances with you doesn't mean they're serious about getting to know you.  It is just for fun."  I know, but purity matters that much to me that I don't want to do anything that might threaten it!

Please understand that this is my conviction.  Ask the Lord to help you have an open mind to the possible validity and just maybe He'll show you His will for you in this area!

Take all thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ.

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah  

1 comment: