Sunday, August 19, 2012

The fruit of the Spirit is...

I love little ones!  My sister and I had the privilege of teaching a whole group of five and six year-olds at church today.  My lesson was on the first fruit of the spirit- love.  As I sat in my chair facing the youngsters I asked them if any of them knew any of the fruits of the spirit.  Several confident voices rang out.  "An apple" one said.  "No, a pineapple" another exclaimed.  "Well, how about a pear or a strawberry?" several questioned. :)  I then continued to explain to them the fruits of the SpiritI read to them the famous story told by Jesus when a young lawyer questioned Him- the story of the good Samaritan.  I outlined the three things the Samaritan did to show love to the wounded man.

1. He carried the man on his own donkey
2. He took him to an inn and took care of him.
3. He paid for his treatment and promised more money when he returned to check up on him.

Now, granted we do not ever generally find wounded people lying on the side of the road :) but there are other ways to show love to family member, friends, and strangers.  Just like an apple or pear have seeds that are spread over the ground, so we should spread the seeds of love, joy, peace, patience, etc. wherever we go.  Do people notice our love after just meeting us?  Is there evidence that the Spirit lives in me?

May I never get so caught up in this busy live that the fruits of Spirit are forgotten!  May we live each day like it's our last and spread the fruits of Spirit constantly!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah   

No comments:

Post a Comment