Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 19: Something I Miss

Camp Wakefield!  Every summer at our old church we would participate in this 5 day long kids camp.  We had a blast!  We even brought a few of my cousins along.  We had different activities (pool, snack time, art, recreation, nature, and bible) going on during the day and "chapel time" every morning and evening.  Some of our favorite memories are those that occurred in our dorm after our busy days (we had 10 people sleeping in one room once...memorable :)).  Our room counselor would read us a book every night before we fell asleep (and Kimber and I always managed to be the only ones still awake after she finished reading) and we would run out of warm water after the first 4 showers (the dorm held about 40-50 girls but there were only 2 showers) and we even stuck gum drops through a hole in the wall so that nobody in the adjacent room could look in, and so many more!  I have an old picture but for some reason it won't save on this post...oh well.
 I had a blast every year and I'm grateful for the many friendships I made.  Many of which are still present today!


Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment