Monday, December 31, 2012

The end.....2012

"Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee.
Another year of progress, another year of praise,
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.


 Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace,
Another year of gladness in the shining of Thy face;
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.


Another year of service, of witness for Thy love,
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in Heaven, another year for Thee."


Author: Frances R. Havergal
Composer: Samuel Wesley

This hymn has been playing in my head for the last week and a half.  I love the words!  They sum up my desires for this coming year and the years to come.  I don't know what the Lord has in store for me in 2013 but I know that He is good and that I can trust Him no matter what!  

2012 was a year of changes.  Some happy and some sad.  In June I graduated from high school and officially became an adult.  I think real life hit me harder than I expected but I am slowly learning to trust in the Lord especially during this in between stage of life.  It's been difficult for me not being able to see my future clearly but then I learned that if I simply put my hand into the the Lord's He will lead me on the right path.  He's knows my future and in His time He will reveal it to me, step by step.  All I have to do is keep my flesh out of the way and follow :). 
In September a beloved aunt and sister-in-Christ when home to be with the Lord after a long battle with cancer.  It has been inspiring to me to watch my uncle and cousins trust the Lord's decision in taking their wife and mother home "early".
So many other things happened this year, things that strengthened me spiritually and physically, but you can just read all the posts from this past year to find out more about them :).

In closing, here are the verses I felt led to dedicate to in this coming year:
"Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,  make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."
Hebrews 13:20-21

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah     

No comments:

Post a Comment