Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 23: Favorite Vacation

Wow this is hard!  For generations we have enjoyed our family beach trip with my mom's side of the family.  We've made so many memories and had so much fun on each of these vacations that I can't choose a favorite.  Every year I'm sure I've had the best year ever but then the next one is even better. 

One year we had an excitement on the beach.  A giant whale had been washed ashore only a few houses down from us.  We thought it was so neat until it started to rot and the stench, ugh...I can almost smell it thinking about it.  It was in everything!  No matter how much Lysol or air freshener we sprayed we could still smell it- yuck! 

Another year we endured a hurricane and yet another year it rained the entire week!  We got so bored that my cousins, sisters, and I started gathering all of the fake plants throughout the house and we stuffed them in my uncle's bathroom (he's a great uncle, by-the-way who played along with us the rest of the week!).

My cousin and some plants :)
 This past year was one of the best.  The Lord blessed us with beautiful weather, a gorgeous house, and a wonderful ocean.  I loved it!
The whole fam!

  


I'm looking forward to the many beach vacations in the future!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment