Saturday, March 19, 2011

Waiting; Failing; Getting back up

"Be still, and know that I am God;..." Psalm 46:10a

Picture by Photography For Jesus
Be Still
Given by the Holy Spirit from Ps. 46:10a  8-5-10
Be still, my child, wait and see
For the Lord thy God will deliver thee
And lead thee and guide thee until the end
So watch and wait until I send

Be still, my daughter, and do not fear
For I thy God am always near
I know the plans I have for thee
Plans of life, hope, and victory

Be still, my child, and you will see
The things fulfilled that I promised thee
And then you’ll trust and know I’m He
Who’s always watching over thee.

I wrote this attempt at a poem about 6 months ago and yet how quickly I forget the things the Lord has shown me.  Just this past week I got "into the flesh" as Pastor Rick would say.  I was confused, worried, and altogether not trusting the Lord and what His plans are for my future.  Thankfully He, my ever patient Teacher, showed me where I was wrong and how He is still here watching over me.  Do you ever find yourself wandering from your true focus, Jesus Christ?  You're not alone!  Every Christian has and will at some point in their walk.  The important thing is that you catch yourself quickly, pick yourself up out of your rut of self pity, and get your eyes back on Jesus!!  It is so hard but Jesus is ever ready to help us up if we'll just accept His hand. 
Thank You, Lord for being so patient with me, even when I loose my focus.   How great You are to always be there to help me up!  What a Savior...I love you, Jesus!!  Help me to wait on You just like You wait for me.

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment