Thursday, December 8, 2011

Book Review: Preparing to be a Help Meet


Front Cover
Go HERE for more info!
"And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”
Genesis 2:18
As soon as this book came out I knew I wanted it!  I had watched as Mommy read and diligently applied Debi Pearl's book "Created to be His Help Meet" and I knew I needed to know more about this seemingly forgotten subject of being a help meet.  On my 16th birthday my younger brother kindly surprised me with my very own copy of "Preparing to be a Help Meet".  Over the next couple of months my mamma and I studied this well-written, sometimes humorous book.  Sprinkled throughout are true stories of how the Creator of the universe orchestrated the amazing love between a man and a woman and how they used it all for His glory.  You will learn about the different types of men and women and how the Lord uses both genders together to portray a fuller picture of Himself.  You will also read of tragedies and learn from the mistakes others have made.  Gently yet firmly, Mrs. Pearl explains some of the things that will either build your marriage up or break it down.  She also warns that the habits you form now will effect your relationship with your man (if the Lord has one for you) in the future.  She urges you to wait, save as much as you can (especially physical and emotional purity), and pray for your future beloved.  You will receive practical and spiritual advice in how to better prepare to be a help meet to the one the Lord gives you.  Personally, this book reaffirmed many convictions and goals I already had.  It also pushed me to study more, prepare more, and pray more for my husband-to-be. 
Please read this.  It will encourage you, it'll challenge you, it'll prepare you to the best help meet you possibly can be for His Glory!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah           

No comments:

Post a Comment