Friday, December 30, 2011

Goals

I know every blogger in the world is exclaiming, "I can't believe 2011 is gone" so I'll join in their cry :)!  This year has flown by but in a good way.  Many new things happened which stretched me to higher heights and closer to my Lord.  

At the end of each year I have a habit of setting goals for the coming year.  These goals vary from exercising more to memorizing certain portions of Scripture.  One of the goals that stays constant every year is a verse for the next year.  It is so neat to look back on the past 12 months and see how the Lord fulfilled the verse given at the beginning of the year.  The verse I had for 2011 was Daniel 12:3, "Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever."  My desire for 2011 was that Jesus Christ would be even greater in my life and that through me people would know Him more!  This is obviously my life's goal but I felt it especially stressed this past year.

The verse I feel the Lord giving me for 2012 is 1 Samuel 12:24 which says, "Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you."  Following graduation in June I will enter a whole new phase of life. I do not anticipate following the normal course of high school graduates instead I desire to serve my Lord while I'm most available to do so.  His love for me requires my life for Him.  More than anything else I desire that my life be used by Jesus this year.

Do you have goals that you set for the new year?  If not, pray and see if this is something the Lord would have you to do.
May we all strive to be used mightily for His Kingdom in the coming year.  I can't wait to see what the Lord will do!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment