Sunday, September 16, 2012

Life

This life is a race.  It's hard, it's fast, and then it's over.  The Scripture says that our life is "a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." (James 4:14)  The question I have been asking myself frequently is am I using this life and the time given to me by God, wisely?  If I could look back at the end of my life and see all of my "successes" would they be to the glory of God or for the furtherance of my own personal goals?  No one knows the day or the hour in which they'll be called home.  That is why Paul urged the believers in Colosse to do everything heartily, as unto the Lord (Colossians 3:23).  I know for me it is hard to remember that verse during the business of every day.  But God is merciful and remembers that I am but dust.  Although He does not lower His standard I am comforted with the knowledge that He is indeed here, walking beside me and assisting me along the way.


I leave us with one last question:  If we knew we only had a year to live would the way we live our lives look different?

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment