Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 3: My First Love

I distinctly remember the days when carving your initials and the initials of someone you "loved" inside a heart were cool.  One day, when I was somewhere between 9 and 10, I came to my mom with a picture of a heart with two sets of initials inside.  One set of initials were mine, HW, and then the other set belonged to an unknown persons with the initials JC.  My mom glanced at it briefly and then with a serious expression on her face asked who the other Person was.  Quickly I responded, "Jesus Christ!". :)

Ever since I can remember my parents have been diligent in instilling a desire in me to know Jesus more.  I can honestly say that Jesus is and always will be my first love.  The stories of the Bible were not just fairy tales to me they were real.  Thanks to my parents' godly example I grew up seeing the reality of Jesus in action in their lives and soon began to seek Him for myself.  How true are the Scriptures which say, "If you seek Him you will find Him, if you search with all your heart."
I thank my Lord and Savior for His goodness and grace towards me!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah    

No comments:

Post a Comment