Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Adventure Expanded

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad that I can now share a little bit more about the "adventure"!!

Last November I joined a homeschoolers alumni website (homeschoolalumni.org) per daddy's request.  I set up a profile and had the opportunity to post my convictions on a couple of forums on the website.  Then in February of this year a young man, who also was on the website, asked if he could send messages to me every-now-and-again.  Now I was not on this website to collect a large "friend" circle and I was especially careful about communicating online with a guy I didn't even know.  But after consulting with my father I agreed to write him back and forth.  I honestly didn't think anything of it.  I did not like the idea of online relationships and I had pretty much blocked that area off in my mind as an unrealistic way to get to know someone.  I did like what this guy had to say and appreciated his convictions but I was not romantically attached to him.  This is when the Lord started His plans :)!

Near the end of July this young man contacted my father and asked to start a courtship with me.  After 3-4 weeks of intense questioning regarding theology and convictions on both email and the phone, we were at the point where we needed to meet each other in person.  Dylan flew out here from Nebraska (where he lives) to stay with us for two weeks in the middle of September.  Our first meeting was a little awkward and we had a couple of things we needed to work out.  When he left to go back home I wasn't positive that we were going to continue the relationship.  So I handed that dream over to the Lord and waited.  Only a few days after Dylan had left he contacted me and asked me if I would fly out to Nebraska to stay with his family for 10 days.  I had complete peace with going and surprisingly (for me, anyway) I wasn't even nervous.  :)

I just got back from a wonderful 10 days with Dylan's family and with him.  I enjoyed the time we had to truly get to know each other and begin to give our hearts to each other.  He will be visiting us again next week and I hope to keep you all posted on this wonderful season in my life.  The Lord works in mysterious ways and when God writes your love story you must learn to expect the unexpected :)!

Prayers I know would be appreciated for the both of us as we continue to pursue the possibility of a lifetime together!

Please feel free to ask questions!  I want others to learn too!!

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you! I know how exciting and scary this is and I will be praying for peace and confidence as you obey the steps the Father takes you on! Excited for you and what the Lord has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! I hadn't checked your blog for a while, and then yesterday Jessica mentioned you were courting!! Wow! I'm so excited for you! We'll definitely be praying for wisdom. Wish we could see you some time soon...
    Love, Janelle

    ReplyDelete