Monday, April 11, 2011

In the "Summer" of Your Life

"He who gathers in summer is a wise son; he who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame." 
Proverbs 10:5

Yesterday morning I read this verse during my quiet time.  I thought I'd share with you what the Lord briefly showed me.

I am young and I'm relatively free to do as I like (within the limits of the Scripture, of course)!  Right now is the summer time of my life, now is the time of harvest.  Am I gathering right now in the "summer" or am I wasting it by sleeping, although the Lord's calling?  Am I searching diligently for His will or am I using my time unwisely?  Am I bringing in treasure to be stored up in heaven, or hording wealth which will rust and pass away?  I think these are questions we have to ask ourselves constantly.  I desire to be a wise daughter, to bring my parents glory and honor and most importantly to point others to my loving Savior and Friend.

Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment