Saturday, April 30, 2011

Recipe: Chinese Chicken Stir-fry

I LOVE homemade Chinese chicken stir-fry and the good thing is that I also love making it!  Usually I can't eat most of the food at Chinese restaurants because they use a lot of peanuts/peanut butter/peanut oil, which I'm allergic to!  So, instead of paying way too much money for our family to eat Chinese out, we make it here at home along with some yummy egg rolls we get from a nearby store.  I hope you'll get a chance to try this yummy recipe and enjoy it!!

  Chinese Chicken Stir-fry

Sauce:
1 cup Chicken Broth
4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sugar

Chicken Stir-Fry:
3-4 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts, sliced into small chunks
2 T. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup sliced Carrots
1 (8 ounces) can Water Chestnuts, drained & sliced
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Onion quartered
1/2 cup sliced Celery
1 (6 ounces) package of fresh Pea Pods (or a handful or two fresh from the garden J)
1 (8 oz.) can of baby corn
A couple sprigs of broccoli and/or cauliflower

Preparation:
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken chunks, soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, and sugar. Set aside and let sit for 15 minutes – 3 hours (depending on how much time you have).
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil to smoking hot in wok over high heat (you can also just use a large frying pan).
4. Add garlic and chicken (along with sauce).  Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink.
6. Then add onions, celery, carrots, pea pods, broccoli, and cauliflower. Stir-fry 5 minutes.
8. Add water chestnuts and corn.  Stir fry 5 more minutes.  Serve hot over rice and with egg rolls.\

I've noticed that at times the stir-fry has less sauce then I like so I simply add 1/2 cup to 1 cup more chicken broth until the consistency suits me!

Leave a comment if you tried it and let me know how you like it!
Learning to delight in Jesus,
Hannah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment